Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stitch to Stitch

Good morning! It is absolutely beautiful here. I hope it is where you are, too. In fact it has been for the last two days.... love it... need it! I think it's speeding up my healing process.

So today, I want to show you what was exchanged in the Extraordinary Embroidery Sampler Swap for Silver Bella.

Here is what I created for my sweet, sweet partner Virginia. (she doesn't have a blog, but I think she should! wink, wink, nudge, nudge) The photo isn't so great. It was really hard to get a decent picture of it, all in focus, because it turned out so dimensional. And, well honestly, I should have changed lenses... I'm so lazy.

We filled out questionnaires about what colors, images, styles, etc. we prefer, at the beginning of the swap.
I thought long and hard about this one before starting it, but then all of a sudden, one morning, it all just came together for me and I was able to really get started on it. I like how it turned out, but I did have to stop myself, at the end there, from adding too much and making the whole thing an overkill. It's pretty busy as is.

Now for the beautiful piece Virginia made for me!

I love it!
I have hung it up on a frame that the Farmboy chicken wired for me a long time ago... the flowers in the top corner were already on the frame... not a part of the sampler, but they look so pretty with it. Don't they?
I really like how she cut a heart out of a piece of fabric and then used the negative piece to put onto the sampler... I think that's brilliant! The lace, buttons, the little bird, the 3D elements... all of it is just wonderful! Oh! And the colors are perfect!

Here it is a bit closer. I tried to get some good close ups of it, but... haha... you should have see it. The farmboy had already gone to work and the boys were still in bed sleeping and there I was, precariously standing on the couch clutching my belly pillow to my tummy and trying to take pictures of it this morning. And I had to do it right then, because it's the best light of the day in that room. I'm sure it was quite the sight! And quite typical of me... I hope the Farmboy doesn't read this post, or I'll be receiving a lecture later. Anywho, isn't it lovely?!

I really enjoy stitching, but I have such a hard time getting started. You know, figuring out what to stitch. I think my brain is just too box in most times. And my stitching is still a little crude, I think. But I know that will improve with practice. This book has been a great help... so glad I purchased it. And I absolutely cannot wait for her new embroidery book to hit the shelves!

Alright, I'll stop rambling on now. I hope you have a beautiful, beautiful day!

20 comments:

knitterbeader said...

So glad you are getting better. And what a creative piece - I can only dream that I could come up with items that would look good together!!

PS: Yes, you probably shouldn't have been climbing around on the couch! (that's just in case your hubby doesn't tell you)

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Alisa!!! Oh you sound good!! Get better and better...my prayers are with you! I love both samplers! They're gorgeous! Well done! I love the way that you have displayed yours--very nice.
Blessings~Sharon

FILIGREE MOON said...

First, you are very naughty perching on the couch like that!Both of these works of art are truly beautiful!!! You both must be thrilled with the results. Glad you are feeling well enough to take chances, just slow down girl! Consider yourself lectured now. Be good! ~ Angela

Lori said...

Alisa, be careful with yourself:) both of those samplers are SO beautiful!!! i love the idea of those...i think they would make stunning and sweet pillows!!!

Caleen said...

Love this stitching.. You did a beautiful job.. it has every beautiful element. I am sure she loved it.. The colors and all the special extras.. So pretty. I loved the one she gave you too.. I have a thing for bird's too.. I have the doodle stitch book too.. I am hoping it inspires me to create more embroidery projects.. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina said...

Ooooohhh - those pieces are beautiful - sign. I love the one you did for your swap partner Alisa. Amazing.
So glad to hear you are better - take care and have a lovely day
xoxo Tina

stephanie@craftylolly.com said...

Alisa both pieces are amazing. I love all of the colours you used along with the beautiful textures in your piece, it is amazing.

I agree with you on Virginia's piece, I love the hearts!!

Glad you are feeling better:-)

Robin said...

These pieces are both stunning! So much detail and amazing creativity in them!!

Anonymous said...

I was the lucky one in this swap!! I love, love what Alisa made for me. It is perfect in every detail. And I need to get that book. Hope you're doing well! I so enjoyed meeting you. Happy Holidays. Thanks again for my sampler. Virginia

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Alicia ~

I missed seeing this one ~ oh my, they are absolutely beautiful! i love all the little details.

Have a wonderful turkey day! (I just put my bird in the oven...)
xo heidi

the wild raspberry said...

I love those beautiful samplers!!!

Wishing you a very happy, healthy, and blessed Thanksgiving Day~

Chasity

Anonymous said...

Alisa, both samplers are beautiful. Thank you for showing us the book! I haven't seen it before. It looks like a yummily inspirational one!
Diane

Margaret said...

Alisa, if you could hear my jaw dropping you would be truly deafened, these pieces are so gorgeous!!! what a talent you are! Mx

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Both the pieces are beautiful! How wonderful that her sampler worked so well with the frame and matched the flowers at the top...that's just wayyy too cool!

Feel better!!!

Cindy said...

These are just gorgeous! I love this type of stitching and find these just so wonderful, so many neat details to pour over and try and try to take in all at once. Love the frame too, FB did a great job!

-c
yapping cat

Nina said...

Your stitching is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I think it is PERFECTION! I wish it were mine but I will settle for the picture :) And hers is so lovely too! You are both so lucky!

Cottage Panache said...

I love both yours and Virginia's. They are both beautiful. What talent! Just found you blog. It's inspirational. Wish I had time to create like you.
Maureen

Robin Thomas said...

I amgasping for breath over these...

Mobile app development company in toronto said...

Thank you for sharing! I hope you will continue to have great articles like this to share with everyone!

Mobile app Development Company in Delhi said...

Nice and interesting post,I appreciate your hard work,keep uploading more, Thank you for sharing valuable information.